- This event has passed.
Turkey Vulture Stretch 5K
March 18 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
This event is committed to taking any and all necessary steps to maintain the health and safety of both our Guests and Team Members.
Welcome spring and the turkey vultures back to Ely, with the Turkey Vulture 5K Run/Walk. Every March, the turkey vultures return to Ely after a relaxing winter in South America. This run is to honor these not-so-pretty birds and welcome them and spring back to Ely! The route takes you past the Ely Cemetery where you have a chance of seeing a turkey vulture with its wings outstretched in a tree. Ely Outdoor Enthusiasts are also offering a VIRTUAL event option!
The event is held at Veterans Park near the duck pond and takes a lap around town. Medals will be awarded to the top 3 female, top 3 male, top 3 kids (10 yrs and younger), and top 3 seniors (55+). To be eligible for awards, you MUST be chipped timed.
ADULT WITH SHIRT = $30
ADULT NO SHIRT = $20
KID WITH SHIRT (5-10 YRS)= $20
KID NO SHIRT (5-10 YRS) = $10
4 YEARS AND YOUNGER = FREE
VIRTUAL ADULT = $30
VIRTUAL KID = $20
$5 OFF PER PERSON FOR GROUPS OF 10
T0 RECEIVE GROUP DISCOUNT EMAIL: ELYOUTDOORENTHUSIASTS@GMAIL.COM
SHIRT DEADLINE IS MARCH 8
- Shirts are long sleeve tri-blend. You must register by March 8th to guarantee a shirt.
- Medals will be award to the top three male and female finishers, top three kids (10 years and younger), and top 3 seniors (55+). To be considered for placing, select the option during online registration.
- This is a chip timed event. If you prefer not to be timed, please select the option during registration. You must be chipped to qualify for awards.
- The route is not closed to traffic. All participants must run on the left side of road, against traffic.
- There are no dogs allowed on the course.
- Strollers and wagons are permitted on the course.
- This event will occur rain, snow, or shine.
VIRTUAL Event Details:
- All virtual participants will receive a long sleeve tri-blend event shirt. You must register by March 8th to guarantee a shirt.
- Virtual participants will not be considered for awards.
- Virtual run must occur between Friday March 19, 12AM to Sunday, March 21, midnight.
- Virtual run participants must run a 5k (3.1 miles) either outdoors or on treadmill.
- Virtual run participants will either post their run (screen shot of app, map, or picture of treadmill screen) to the Virtual Run Facebook Post or send it to our email (email@example.com).
- Shirts will be mailed to out-of-town participants.