Ward Mountain Scramble Trail Run
- Complete the distance anytime from June 25 thru June 28 (Thursday – Sunday). This gives you four days to complete the event.
- All participants will receive an event shirt upon completion. Shirts will be ready approximately 2 weeks after the close of the event. We will notify you when they are ready for pickup.
- You have two options for completing the minimum distance you registered for:
- Run, walk, hike the actual course at Ward Mountain (see below for more details regarding this)
- Run, walk, hike the distance anywhere (roads, trails, or treadmill)
- If you choose to run the Ward Mountain Trail system, we advise that you are familiar with them. Some of the trails are marked and some are not. Due to liability, we are unable to mark the trails to assist with your route finding. See our website or contact us regarding directions regarding potential courses. We are not responsible if you get lost.
- Please provide information to a friend or family member of where you are going and expected return time. Once again, we are NOT responsible if you get lost or injured.
- You must track your run using a running/mapping app. Some popular running applications are Map My Run, Nike Run Club, and Strava. Garmin, Nike, Apple, and Fitbit watches frequently come with their own fitness app.
- To earn your shirt, screen shot your running app showing your name, date, route, distance, and time. If you complete the distance on a treadmill, take a picture of the treadmill console. There will be a special Facebook event to post your running app to keep all results in one easy-to-find location.
- Do not litter on your run and carry out what you carry in!
- There will be no finishing medals or awards for this virtual event.
- We request everyone observe proper social distancing guidelines on the trails and provide adequate room for passing.
- Locals can pick up their finisher shirt at WP Aquatics Center, Monday – Thursday, 8-4 pm. We will mail shirts to non-locals.
- If you are already registered and do not want to participate in the virtual event, we will transfer your registration to next year’s event or another EOE event. Please email us at email@example.com
- Please contact Nancy Herms via Facebook message or call at 702-994-5722 regarding phone tracking, routes, etc.